Affiliate Benefits & Scholarships
See below for an extended deadline of March 27th on the Affiliate Scholarship through certain providers!Students applying to USC Affiliate programs may receive either automatic discounts or competitive scholarships for which they can apply.
The following programs have automatic discounts or benefits for USC students:
Automatic Global Partner Program Affiliate Benefits
AIFS - USC students receive an automatic discount of $1,000 for the following Spring2013 or Fall 2013 programs: Florence or Rome, Italy.
Academic Studies Abroad (ASA) - USC students receive automatic $250 discounts for the following Fall 2013 programs: Dublin-NUI Maynooth, Sorrento, Florence, Venice, Barcelona, and Madrid.
CEA Global Education - USC students automatically receive a $250 grant for semester programs, $100 for each summer program, and $500 for a full year program.
CIS Abroad – USC students automatically receive a $250 discount per semester program or $100 per summer program. Capstone and Honors College Students applying to the Perugia, Italy program are eligible to compete for an additional $1,000 scholarship (please see a study abroad advisor for more information).
Denmark International Study Program (DIS) - USC students automatically receive a $2000 discount on semester programs.
Globalinks – USC Students can have their application fee waived for these programs. Please ask a study abroad advisor for the code. CLICK HERE for more information on financing your study abroad through Globalinks.
IES Abroad - USC students automatically receive a $1,500 discount on IES semester programs.
Spanish Studies Abroad – USC students automatically receive a 10% discount on tuition for all CC-CS programs.
Study Abroad Italy (SAI) – USC students automatically receive a $300 discount for all semester programs and a $100 discount for all summer programs.
Global Partner Program Affiliate ScholarshipsStudents applying to the following programs are eligible for the Affiliate Scholarship, which typically amounts to a $500 award. See below for the eligible Global Partner programs, eligibility requirements, and instructions on how to apply. Students are also encouraged to apply for additional scholarship funding through the USC Study Abroad Office.
- Academic Programs International (API) - In addition to the Affiliate Scholarship, API applicants are also encouraged to apply for additional need and merit-based scholarships directly through API here.
- Academic Studies Abroad (ASA) - Excluding summer programs and Griffith College-Dublin program.
- Arcadia University Center for Education Abroad* - Alliance for Global Education programs are not eligible.
- Butler University Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA-Butler)
- CEA Global Education - Available for Fall 2013 or Academic Year 2013-2014 applicants.
- Globalinks - Not applicable for summer programs or for internships.
- University of Virginia Hispanic Studies Program - Valencia, Spain (Fall only).
- University Study Abroad Consortium (USAC)
*Please note: Students applying for Arcadia University Center for Education Abroad affiliate scholarship funding should also complete Arcadia's scholarship application form and return it to the Study Abroad Office.
Eligibility for ScholarshipIn order to be considered for Global Partner Program Affiliate Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Have applied to one of the above affiliate programs (proof of acceptance must be provided to the Study Abroad Office before funds are released).
- Be a full time, undergraduate USC student
- Be earning credit for his/her study abroad experience
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Submit completed application materials to the Study Abroad Office by the stated deadline.
To ApplyThe Global Partner Program Affiliate Scholarship Application and Financial Plan must be submitted online, to the Study Abroad Office by 5:00 p.m. on October 5 for Spring study and March 5th for Summer/Fall/Academic Year study. Incomplete or handwritten applications will not be considered.
In order to apply for a scholarship online, you must have already applied for a program online.
- CLICK HERE to access the online Global Partner Program Affiliate Scholarship Application
- Log into your account, click on "search scholarships", and click "apply" next to "affiliate scholarship"
- Complete all required steps and submit application online
- You will need to upload your academic transcript, which can be obtained on Self-Service Carolina under "Student Records" - "Academic Transcript."
Additional Affiliate Scholarship Funding: Students applying to study through AustraLearn, Cultural Experiences Abroad (CEA), and the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) may also apply for affiliate scholarship funding directly through the program provider. Contact the program provider for more details concerning affiliate scholarships available to USC students.