Forms & Applications
- Global Exchange or Global Direct Programs (semester or academic year)
- International Business Exchange Programs (specifically for IB majors; spring of junior year)
- Global Partner Programs (summer, semester or academic year)
- Global Direct Summer Programs
- Global Classroom Programs (USC faculty-led programs)
- Graduate/Professional Student Registration
- Non-Credit Global Learning Programs (i.e. non-credit internships, volunteer, research, etc.)
- Magellan Research Abroad Program
Please note that minors, e.g. individuals under 18 years of age, may not participate in education abroad programs through the University of South Carolina. Please contact a study abroad advisor with any questions or concerns.
Passports and Entry Visa Information
You should apply for a passport and a student entry visa (if required by your host country) as soon as possible after acceptance. Passport applications and additional information are available at the Assembly St. Post Office or on-line at: http://travel.state.gov/passport.
Visa information is available directly from the embassy or consulate of the country in which you will be studying. To find your destination's embassy or consulate information, go to: http://www.usembassy.gov/
Tuition Deferment for Spring/Summer/Academic Year Study Abroad Participants
If you receive LIFE, Teaching Fellows or Palmetto Fellows, and you studied abroad during the Spring or Summer terms, you may complete a Tuition Deferment Request Form and submit it to the Study Abroad Office by the posted deadline. Having a deferment form on file allows students to pay only the tuition and fees not covered by their scholarships until the study abroad transcript is received and assessed. Before you submit this form, read through the FAQ section of the Scholarships & Financial Aid page on the Study Abroad website to determine if you are eligible for this deferment.
- Tuition Deferment Form (State Aid Recipients ONLY)